The Next Level EN/LTF D
The improvements in detail:
• Agility. Even more agile handling and reduced brake pressure, allowing the wing to now turn with a more constant and balanced turning arc. Centring within the thermal core is now far more efficient, enhancing and improving climbing potential.
• Efficiency. Improved gliding in moving air. This is noticeable especially in headwind and unsteady air environments. The canopy is more neutral, resulting in better glide, now climbs more effectively with reduced sink rate.
• Performance. In fully accelerated mode we have been able to obtain an advantage of +0.5 glide-angle.
• Greater stability. Due to the improved neutral flying characteristics, flying has become less stressful in challenging conditions.
• Speed. More top speed. The PURE3 is around 2-3kmh faster fully accelerated.
• Enhanced Safety. A newly designed riser set improves the safety potential. Accelerated collapses are remarkably easier to control.
Our primary goal was to realize a glider with best performance within an aspect ratio of 7. Therefore, the PURE 3 is a complete 2-line conceptual construction. Just the C-lines are collected by an additional main line (incorporating a 2-line construction with 3 line-levels). With this design development, the advantages are increased acceleration ability and reduced collapse behaviour, resulting in more overall balanced flying characteristics.
Outstanding features of the PURE 3 are the exceptional performance, perfect glide in head-wind, increased climb rate in moving air and a flatter polar curve – especially under acceleration. You’ll now find greater stability over the entire speed range.
The handling is what you would find to be synonymous with AirDesign – agile and variable. Whether you choose to turn flat, or tight and steep, the PURE 3 is at home with you every step of the way, and responds exceptionally to even the most gentle of pilot inputs.
The PURE 3 features a more pronounced shark-nose, double 3D-cut top-sail with flat seams and a single 3D-cut bottom-sail.
A special 2-line aerofoil in combination with a detailed and ingenious inner construction (with v-ribs, straps and cross supports) ensures maximum stability.
VORTEX HOLES® at the tips and outside cell trailing edges work to diffuse vortex drag by releasing redundant pressure, which is further improving performance.
You can design your own glider using our custom colour picker. Stand out from the gaggle with your own colour combination.
To get a quote and estimated delivery time for your custom colour simply copy and email the linkof the colourpicker to your local distributor.
SIZES SM M L AREA FLAT (m²) 22,57 24,10 26,21 AREA PROJECTED (m²) 19,12 20,42 22,21 SPAN FLAT (m) 12,55 12,97 13,52 SPAN PROJECTED (m) 9,93 10,26 10,70 ASPECT RATIO FLAT 6,98 6,98 6,98 ASPECT RATIO PROJ. 5,16 5,16 5,16 CELLS 70 70 70 TOTAL LINE LENGTH 250 258 269 TOTAL LINES 222 222 222 LINE DIAMETERS (mm) 0.5/0.7/0.8/1/1.1/1.3/1.5/1.7 WEIGHT (kg) 5,6 5,9 6,3 V-TRIM/V-MAX (km/h) 39/60 39/60 39/60 EN/LTF CATEGORY D D D TAKE OFF WEIGHT (kg) 80-95 90-105 100-120
Top Sail: DOMINICO - DOKDO-30DMF(WR) 40 Gramm
Bottom Sail: DOMINICO - N20DMF(WR) 35 Gramm
Ribs: Dominico 30D hard
Risers: 13mm Aramid with Polyester covered - LIROS
Top lines: EDELRID 8000/U-050,070 and 090
Middle lines: EDELRID 8000/U-130 and 190
Main lines: EDELRID 8000/U-190,230,280,360
Maillons: 4,3mm JOO-TECH/Korea
What comes in the Box?
AirDesign glider bag (Size L)
Folder including manual (USB-stick)
Repair kit and AirDesign stickers